Last updated: December 18, 2014
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) set out the conditions under which TETHER (hereinafter referred to as, “TETHER”) offer you use of the TETHER Website at https://www.TETHER.to (the “Site” or “Website”) and access to the TETHER Platform (the “Platform”). Please read the Terms carefully and do not use the Site or the Platform unless you accept them.
Furthermore, the following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions and any or all Agreements:
“Client”, “Registered Member”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to TETHER. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment or fees necessary to undertake the services provided by TETHER and its’ associated Platform.
TETHER and its associated Platform facilitate a service whereas registered members can exchange fiat currency for virtual currency.
By registering on and using any of the functions provided by the TETHER Site or Platform, you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted all of the following terms & conditions. In addition, by opening an account to use the TETHER Platform:
- you have accepted these Terms; and
- you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age and have the full capacity to accept these Terms and enter into a transaction as a result of using the TETHER Platform
- you agree only to trade with legally obtained funds that belong to you
- you agree to take full responsibility for your use of Tether
- you confirm the details provided upon registration are true and accurate
- you agree to abide by any relevant laws in your jurisdiction, including
reporting any trading profits for taxation purposes.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
TETHER reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, add or remove portions of these Terms, at any time. Such notification will be made via the Website. It is your responsibility to review the amended Terms.Your continued use of the Website and Platform following the posting of changes will mean that you accept and agree to the changes and you agree that all subsequent transactions by you will be subject to these Terms.
Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Policies
TETHER is committed in providing a safe, compliant and reputable service to our clients. For this reason, TETHER insists on a comprehensive and thorough Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-money laundering (AML) compliance implementation. This includes the monitoring of suspicious transactions and obligatory reporting to local regulators and other compliance bodies.
Our AML and KYC policies differ depending on the country of origin of which our clients are located and furthermore recorded against through the TETHER registration process. The specific AML and KYC policies as per regional jurisdiction are located below. Our compliance framework ensures that regulatory requirements are being adhered to at both a local and global level, instilling a level of trust and ensuring TETHER will continue to operate uninterrupted.
TETHER reserves the right to refuse registration to persons from or in jurisdictions that do not meet international AML standards or could be considered as a Politically Exposed Person.
TETHER reserves the right to verify our users and their transactions. In addition to this, any attempt to abuse TETHER or its platform will result in an immediate account suspension.
The TETHER AML and KYC policies per regional jurisdiction are as follows:
Other Regions and Jurisdictions
- Registered members of whom transactions only involve virtual currencies are not required to have their identities verified (subject to change in the future).
- Registered members from all regions and jurisdictions are required to verify their identities, prior to being authorized to perform any transaction involving fiat currency. This includes the submission of certified copies of both ID and proof of address. Valid ID includes a passport (or in some cases an ID card, subject to our approval). Valid proof of address includes utility and tax bills not older than 3 months. Other forms of ID and Address verification will not be accepted. Your account will have limited functionality (viewing only) until account verification has been completed.
- Suspicious transactions will result in a Suspicious Activity Report being relevant regulatory and compliance bodies applicable in the registered members’ verified country of origin.
Disclaimer: Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, and TETHER:
- Excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- Excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
- May not be held liable for any losses incurred, either directly or indirectly, through your use of The Website of any of its functionality / function and features.
- Does not provide advice for its users on trading techniques, models, algorithms or similar. Users of this website are responsible for the results of their actions with their account balances. Users are also responsible for protecting access to information to the Website including, but not limited to, user names, passwords, and bank account details. TETHER is not responsible for the outcome, whether positive or negative, of any action performed by any of its users within or related to the Website or Platform.
- Cannot be held liable for any malfunction, breakdown, delay or interruption to the internet connection, or if for any other reason our site, is unavailable for any period of time. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or Exclusions and Limitations resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Termination of Agreements
TETHER reserves the right to suspend or terminate any Services Agreement for any reason, including the ending of services that have already commenced. This included the suspension or termination of any registered member’s account.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within TETHER on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission. TETHER reserves the right to block access for any user accessing the Website via proxy service with intentions to conceal originating identity. This includes access via the Tor anonymity network.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website and other.
Contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone numbers.
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and TETHER. Your accessing of this website and/or the use of its Platform indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein.