Tether Token Recoveries
In general, Tether tokens should only be sent to a destination address that explicitly states it supports Tether tokens.
Transferring a Tether Token to any other destination could result in a total loss of funds.
In the event Tether Tokens have been transferred to an unsupported destination please immediately contact the receiving party and request the assistance of the receiver in recovering/returning the funds first before attempting to contact Tether. This can sometimes be a far quicker solution.
In limited cases, as determined by Tether in its sole and absolute discretion, Tether may attempt to assist in the recovery of ERC20 or TRC20 tokens that have been transferred to:
- Contracts that did not properly implement the SafeERC20 library for withdrawals.
- The Tether Token Operation Contract or similar Operational Contract for a Token that does not natively support/offer Tether Token Transfers
- A destination that Tether determines to be ‘recoverable’.
Any legal issues related to Law Enforcement requests/thefts/hacks/scams/similar should be reported to the Tether Information requests team.
Recovery requests for amounts exceeding $1000 will be accepted, subject to the following procedures:
- Tether will evaluate and determine if the recovery is feasible. If after this evaluation, recovery is determined not to be possible, at Tether’s sole and absolute discretion, the tokens will not be recovered. This evaluation is final. If it is decided that a recovery will be attempted, Tether will proceed with the request, however a successful outcome is not and cannot be guaranteed.
- A fee on the full or partial recovered amount will be applied. The fee will be deducted from the recovered amount prior to the recovered amount being returned.
- There is No Time Frame or Time Limit for any discretionary recovery process to be undertaken by Tether, so please be patient. Once your request has been accepted please do not continue to contact us; wait to be notified. There are no possible update that Tether can or will communicate before the process is completed.
If you wish to submit a recover request, please contact Tether Support and provide the following:
- Transaction ID
- Deposit Address
- A complete description of the actions/events leading to the current problem/issue
- A complete description of everything you have tried/done to recover the funds so far (For transfers to the Tether Operation Contract this can be omitted)
While screenshots/pictures may be included to help illustrate the issue, any Address or Transaction ID should be provided as text.